Old Town

Old Town
Tallinn

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

So yesterday was thanksgiving and I was fortunate enough to celebrate with a friend from the states. She plays pro basketball here in Estonia. And shes really good! I caught another one of their games and they won by like 15 or something. Back to the dinner. It was a surprise I was not expecting too much being here in Estonia. But she had the classics turkey, stuffing, corn, even cranberry sauce that actually tasted like cranberries! Everything was more than I expected and the food was great it was also a plus to get to watch some espn America. I caught shitty ass Duke beat Kansas on a bull shut 3 pointer by some guy that averages like 2 points a game.



These past weeks have brought a movie festival to Tallinn and the movies seem pretty good. I caught a French movie called Poliss it was pretty solid I had no idea what to expect sometimes it's better to go to see a movie when you have no idea what it's about. It makes you get into the movie more. Some of the movie was a bit shocking but overall it was a good look into the lives of police officers in France. Even though at sometimes there was a bit too Much going on. Tonight I will check out another movie of course and maybe tomorrow too who knows. I could have gotten a good deal on tickets and free showings but of course my lazy ass didn't do the paperwork to get the movie festival ID, that and the fact that I had no idea what to expect I always seem to underestimate Tallinn and it's high time I stop and just go with the flow.


My movie of the week is Menace II Society. I been watching that shit for the past 4 days. It's funny though I am here at film school and unfortunately all these students talk about is movies by white people. There is nothing wrong with that but you guys gotta check out some black cinema from the 90s yeah a lot of our movies kind of suck but there are definitely some great cinematic achievements as well. I'm not saying go watch all black movies especially not the ones being released from Tyler Perry... Don't get me started on that dude. But check out something. Preferably Menace II Society you guys will need subtitles because half the movie is slang.


I checked out the location of the US Embassy and it was good to see the flag out front. Shit made me smile a lil bit. Of course there was security before security but there weren't any Marines! Fuckin G4S guards at the entrance. Anyway they were closed for the holiday. So I have to go by there on Monday. Why? Because all Americans who travel abroad for a long period of time need to go there and say hey I'm gonna be here for a while and I might need some extra help at some point. It's sad because it seems our government makes us scared when we go certain places. I guess that's why a lot of us don't travel outside North America. If you want to see the world see it, the American Passport is one of the most sought after things in the wold if you ask me. It makes a statement like: travelers fill in the blank.

I'm here at Hessburger killing the free WiFi and there is like a table reserved like WTF it's fast food how the hell do you reserve a table at a fast food joint? It beats the he'll outta me. The place is cool though it's at this Mall type of place called Solaris and there is no shortage of dimes walking around. It's hard not to look but every now and then I take a peek at a lil phatty. Not too many phattys walking around they all look like models even at school. That was a compliment to the girls at BFM btw. But enough about them. I'm starting to feel more and more a part of this society I guess. I'm seeing people I am cool with just about everywhere I go. And I'm starting to figure out how this place works just be nice to people there is no need to be angry because being angry will get you nowhere fast!

Signing off till the next time be safe wherever you are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment