Old Town

Old Town
Tallinn

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The days are getting shorter and shorter...

Hey all. Another day has gone by here in Tallinn and it seems as though my professor sure as hell was not lying about losing about 15 minutes everyday.  The weather is getting more and more Danish as with the grey skies in the morning and brief rays of sun beaming through at various points in the day.  I walked and took some pictures through out the town and I am getting into the swing of things slowly but surely. I had an in front of camera interview today which was pretty interesting I was asked to recite a poem that I could remember and I went with my man Langston Hughes' DREAMS:
                       
                       Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die
                       Life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly
                       Hold fast to dreams for if dreams go
                       Life is a  barren field frozen with snow.

Its stuck with me since the 5th grade, it holds true to this day follow your dreams who cares about the rest of life without dreams there is no life, well that's my opinion anyway. If you don't like it then hey you just don't get it. It seems as though I might have a little more experience working with cameras and editing and so forth than some of the other kids but I know my skills need some polishing. I just wanna be able to make quality videos and movies and stuff who cares if I never get a job I'm doing what I love screw the rest.  I haven't been out much only to school and to the dorm and maybe thats for the better at this point but as I get more in tune with all that there is around me I'm sure I'll be hanging out in bars and clubs or what have you.  Here are a few pics I took over the past few days just walking around finding interesting shots to take here and there I'm no professional photographer or anything but I have been told I take some pretty good pictures...

3 comments:

  1. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined."
    -Thoreau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams, their like the Washington Post, if you don't get it, you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete