Old Town

Old Town
Tallinn

Monday, September 5, 2011

I made it

So  I made it to Tallinn and let me tell you this place is on some other ish.  The transportation is sick and the town is alright, its gonna take some getting used to and some documents need to be sent here or there or wherever before I am granted the Estonian Temporary residence card.  I got to the airport and there was no customs at all really. I was greeted by my tutor and went to my dormitory where the room is small but manageable.  I am supposed to get a roommate soon but I wouldn't count on it not too many foreigners would be thrilled to see a black guy living in a room with them especially if they aren't used to seeing my kind like ever. Its cheap to go to the movies which is good for me cuz I'll see just about anything, I already saw Midnight in Paris which is a pretty solid movie to see first in a new country, I had second thoughts but when I saw the poster with Owen Wilson all alone in the city of lights I thought to myself I'm alone in Tallinn too so why not!  Apparently its gonna get real dark real quick in a few weeks so I'm prepping myself for that.  Other than that the food is alright I had some french fries and fried chicken balls for like 4€ and that included the coke.  Here's a hint if you order a coke you get one coke don't go guzzling it down cuz each one you drink costs...I learned that in Denmark BTW. Get your coke and chill with it til the food comes, a lotta people wanna know about Mc Donalds well I'll tell you about it, the WI FI is free and the Mc Chicken is a slam dunk its almost made to order which means you are eating Mc Donalds the way it was meant to be eaten-FRESH to Def, its always busy and the people on the register almost always speak <english.
THe Estonian language sounds like something out of a Star Wars movie but its alright and bearable to listen to once you get used to it.  My only problem is that most of the girls are extremely attractive which can be a serious distraction, during some of the orientation I said to myself they need to get someone fugly up there so I can pay a little more attention...
Signing off til next time be cool and dont get so frustrated with someone who does not speak English in the states asks you for some help be nice cuz you never know when your'e gonna be a stranger in another country.

3 comments:

  1. Yo Ghor what up man! Look forward to following this blog, chyea! Be safe man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! Its official!!!! BlackintheBaltics!!! got it saved as a favorite!!! Can't wait to read, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol um, i made the 2nd comment and it looks like that long a** name is going to be mine smh-Lauren

    ReplyDelete