Old Town

Old Town
Tallinn

Saturday, September 10, 2011

drinkin the night away

Anybody who knows me knows I don't drink.  But last night there was a Pub Crawl for International students and I couldn't resist the temptation to finally see what Estonian night life was all about...It was filled with funny and intriguing tasks our group lost to another group but if you ask me it was rigged. We had to crawl and dance into bars get phone numbers and other stupid shit that the drunker you got the funner it was. I drank at about 90% of the bars but I know my limits and I was at capacity, you know tipsy but not stupid drunk.  Some of my friends back home well theres no nice way to put it they over do it, theres a difference between getting drunk and slobbering on yourself and well I was at neither level. I don't like the feeling of the room spinning or feeling like I'm gonna throw up shit man I'm 30 years old I don't have time for that shit anymore.
After the game was over I hung out with my tutor and some of her friends she was hosting for the night in her place, we went to a few other bars and shit and one of them had  youtube set up where if you requested them to play a song they would youtube it and play it I walked in and ''Black and Yellow'' was blasting, say what you want about Whiz but a motherfuckin hit is a motherfuckin hit no matter how u suckas slice it.  After that we went to a karaoke bar and I gotta tell you I listened to some pretty horrible renditions of some classic American Songs, I was tempted to get up there and do a song by Madonna(Borderline) but by then the alcohol wore off and I was not about to go on stage and make a fool of myself on my first true night out in Estonia. I couldn't get a cab so I crashed on the couch which was alright I couldn't get to sleep cuz my stomach was empty and the first world in me wont allow me to go to sleep hungry call it what you want. The night was fun and I had a blast, I just cant do it every night like that only lets say once a week max twice. The bars were cool here and the atmosphere can be pretty inviting, we did walk down a few seedy side streets where there seemed to be some not so nice action going on out there like people about to fight or just some drunken bull shit that I am definitely not gonna be a part of.
After I woke up I got some much needed McDonalds 1€ items which hit the spot just some nuggets and a coke, came back to my room and crashed.  It seems as though I might start going out a lil more especially with this light class load after the first week, and oh yeah I'm still working on that resident permit which will determine whether or not I'll be here or back home in time for the NFL playoffs, about 90% of me wants to stay but if I don't get the permit then it wasn't meant to be and at least the NFL season will be at home waiting for me, yall be cool cuz I know I am out here in the Baltic's...

No comments:

Post a Comment